In this tutorial representation of all sections and key issues of hygiene was carried out with the Marxist-Leninist positions and to attraction and use of the latest achievements in the field of hygienic science and guidance of the XXIV Congress of the CPSU. The textbook consists of 13 chapters: hygiene air, soil, food, housing, personal hygiene, occupational health, health education, and so on
The textbook is written in accordance with a programme approved by the Ministry of health of the USSR, and is intended for students of nursing departments of medical colleges.
1. Subject and objectives of hygiene
2. A brief sketch of the development of hygiene in Russia and the USSR
3. Methods of hygienic studies
Chapter I. Hygiene air.
1. Hygienic air environment
2. The chemical composition of air and its hygienic
3. Hygienic characteristics of harmful impurities in the air
4. Hygienic characteristics of air from the point of view of dust and bacterial pollution
5. Health protection of the air
6. Physical properties of air and hygienic value
7. Solar radiation and hygienic value
8. Evaluation of complex influence of meteorological conditions on the body
Practical training in the section "Hygiene air"
Chapter II. Hygiene soil and cleaning of populated areas.
1. Hygienic and epidemiological significance of soil
2. Self-purification of soil
3. The composition of waste, rate them
4. Cleaning of populated areas
5. Export cleaning system
6. Driftwood cleaning system - Sewerage
Chapter III. Hygiene of water supply of settlements.
1. Hygienic and epidemiological significance of water
2. Hygienic requirements to drinking water
3. Hygienic evaluation of different water supply sources
4. Water system
5. Cleaning and disinfection of water
6. Sanitary protection of water supply sources
Practical training in the section "Hygiene of water supply of settlements"
Chapter IV. Hygiene of the home.
1. Hygienic requirements to housing
2. Hygienic requirements to natural light home
3. Hygienic requirements to artificial lighting
4. Hygienic requirements to microclimate of dwelling
5. Hygienic requirements for heating
6. Hygienic requirements for residential ventilation
7. The cause of the dampness in residential areas and measures of struggle with it
8. Hygiene requirements to the construction and operation of hostels
9. Hygienic requirements to the design and improvement of the field camp
10. Hygienic requirements to construction materials
11. Hygienic importance of green plantations
Practical training in the section "Health houses"
Chapter V. food Hygiene
1. The importance of nutrition for health
2. Power mode
3. The value for a person of essential nutrients
4. Canning of foods
5. The value of canned and concentrates in nutrition
6. Hygienic evaluation of food products
Food of animal origin
Foods of plant origin
7. Food poisoning and their prevention
8. Sanitary requirements to the construction and operation of public catering enterprises
9. Personal hygiene of staff.
Practical training in the section "food Hygiene"
Chapter VI. Personal hygiene. Hygiene clothing and footwear.
1. Hygienic requirements to the regime of work, rest, a daily routine. Sleep hygiene
2. Skin care, hair, nails, oral cavity
3. Hygiene clothing and footwear
4. Sanitary-hygienic requirements to municipal institutions
Chapter VII. Hygiene of children and adolescents.
1. Hygienic bases of day regimen and training of children and adolescents
2. Sanitary-hygienic requirements to the organization, equipment and sanitary maintenance of schools
3. Hygienic requirements to pioneer camps
Chapter VIII. Occupational hygiene.
1. Object and tasks of occupational health
2. Occupational hazards and occupational diseases
3. The essence of fatigue and prevention
4. Professional diseases associated with forced monotonous body position and voltage separate organs
5. Hygienic characteristics of production microclimate
6. Industrial noise and vibration, their influence on the organism and preventive measures
7. Industrial dust, its effect on the body, control measures
8. The effect of industrial poisons on the human organism and preventive measures
9. Industrial injuries and measures of struggle against them
10. The basics of hygiene improvement of industrial enterprises
11. Peculiarities of conditions of work in certain industries
12. Occupational hygiene in agriculture
13. Occupational hygiene when working with radioactive substances
14. Personal protection measures and personal hygiene when working with radioactive substances
Chapter IX. Tasks of the organization of medical care and sanitary-epidemiological services.
1. The main principles of the Soviet health
2. The health of the population in the programme of the CPSU
3. The structure of the health authorities
4. The moral image of the Soviet health care worker
Chapter x Organization therapeutic and preventive care to the urban population.
1. The joint city hospital
2. United children's hospital
3. Medical assistance to the workers of the industrial enterprises
Chapter XI. Organization of inpatient and outpatient care to rural populations.
1. Regional hospital
2. Regional hospital
3. Rural district hospital
4. Obstetric station
Chapter XII. Health education.
Chapter XIII. Social insurance and legal issues.
1. Social insurance
2. Legal issues
Approved by the Main Department of educational institutions of the Ministry of health of the USSR as a textbook for students of the departments of nursing nursing schools