Runny nose and cough are the first symptoms of a cold. They violate overall health, create discomfort to the person, interfering with normal work and rest.
Where there is a runny nose and cough?
At cold runny nose, usually appears first. It occurs as a protective reaction of the organism to the introduction of the virus. Intensively producing mucus, mucus nose trying to clear themselves from foreign pathogens and prevent them more deeply into the respiratory tract.
Cough with respiratory diseases may develop in two ways: either as a result of inflammation of the lower divisions of the respiratory tract, or because of hit in the bronchi of a large number of mucus from the nasal cavity through the nasopharynx. In this case, the cough reflex has character and is not accompanied by the secretion of a large number of bronchial mucus.
A few years ago nebulizer acquired only for the treatment of chronic obstructive respiratory diseases. Now efficiency nebulizers made them the necessary medical devices in each family. Especially they are indispensable in the treatment of young children with pills and injections cause negative and emotional reaction.
Nebulizer gradually replacing steam inhaler and occupy a worthy first place among the methods of inhalation therapy.
Nebulizer may be compression and ultrasound. Each model has its advantages and disadvantages, but the principle is similar: they break up drug into tiny particles that stream of air is delivered directly into the respiratory tract.
Advantages inhalation treatment of cough and runny nose
There are several ways of introduction of medicinal preparations:
• Oral, that is, through the mouth (tablets, syrups).
• Injection (intramuscular injections or intravenous).
• Local use of medicinal preparations, for example, sprays or drops from a cold.
• Inhalation, that is, using the inhaler.
Nasal drops quickly flow down from the nasal cavity in the oropharynx, providing short-term action. And in severe edema of the mucous and copious secretions use sossoudossoujiwath funds may be not effective.
The active components of the tablets and syrups begin to act only after a long way in the body: the gastrointestinal tract, the blood system and only then the respiratory organs. Part of the active components by the time lose their therapeutic properties, so this method cannot be considered optimal in the treatment of colds.
Injections are often negatively perceived because of the pain and possible complications in the form of bruises and seals at the site of injection. Besides, runny nose is not so dangerous for the life of pathology, to treat him with injections.
Inhalation method of introduction of medicinal preparations not bring pain and negative feelings, and in addition provides a direct hit of a medicinal product in the respiratory tract. Another advantage of using a nebulizer is a long-term effect of the drug on the respiratory system. If the nasal spray is applied in a split second, the preparation of the nebulizer continuously operates in several minutes, which significantly increases therapeutic effect.
Optimum this treatment is in relation to children. He put on a child's face a mask that can be inhaled during sleep or while watching their favorite cartoons.
Treatment of rhinitis with the use of nebulizer
Cold medication use inhalations with saline or alkaline mineral water (for example, Borjomi, Luzhanska). Using these solutions with the help of nebulizer:
• Helps to clear the nasal cavity from pathogenic microorganisms and viruses that caused the disease;
• Removes the accumulation of mucus in the nasal cavity;
• Contributes to the rapid decrease swelling of nasal mucous membrane;
• Prevents the development of complications in the form of purulent rhinitis and sinusitis.
Besides common solutions using the nebulizer can injects drugs.
1. Sossoudossoujiwate drugs, for example, Naphazoline in the age dosage is dissolved in 2 ml of saline and spend inhalations twice a day.
2. Antibacterial drug Izofra introduced inhalation at purulent rhinitis, and sinusitis.
3. Combined preparation containing a vasoconstrictor component and an antibiotic, can also be applied via a nebulizer. Such drugs include Polidexa.
4. To improve local immunity can be used immune-boosting drugs, which include Lateralis.
The treatment of cough with a nebulizer
1. Selective antagonists of b-adrenergic receptors contribute to the expansion of the bronchi and the lifting of bronchospasm. Salbutamol is produced directly in nebulah, but before use must be diluted with physiological solution.
2. Inhaled corticosteroids, for example, Flutikazon, is used in acute bronchospasm and helps you quickly make the patient until an ambulance arrived.
3. Mucolytics such as Lasolvan, Acetylcysteine promotes segregation sputum, and strengthen the work of the bronchi nictate epithelium, which leads to rapid release of the respiratory tract of mucus. Thus it is necessary to note that for inhalation are not used syrups, and the only remedies in the form of solutions.
4. Antibacterial drugs, such as Fluimucil, Amikacin, Lincomycin, should be used only by prescription.